Julia’s Potato Salad
- 4 pounds new or fingerling potatoes, cut into rough 1-inch pieces and cooked til tender
- 2 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
- 1 small head fennel or celery stalk, cut into small dice (optional)
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle (not relish), cut into small dice (optional)
- small-medium handful washed and chopped arugula leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise (homemade makes this dish sublime)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 generous bunch minced fresh parsley
By Julia Wiley. Serves 6-8.
Layer warm potato pieces in medium bowl; sprinkle with vinegar, salt, and pepper as you go. Refrigerate while preparing remaining ingredients.
Mix in remaining ingredients; refrigerate until ready to serve.