- 1 can (15 oz) black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced (~3/4 cup)
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups salad greens or baby spinach
- 4 cups baby red mustard greens
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living. Serves 4.
In a large bowl, combine black-eyed peas with tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, mustard, and oil; gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, combine salad greens and mustard greens in a large salad bowl. Top with the bean salad, and gently toss to combine.